I am really lucky being able to develop a wide range of global leaders, from start-up businesses right through to multinational global organisations. With this opportunity I get to experience the very best behaviours and sadly some of the worst leadership behaviours!
I often get asked what mistakes do I see leaders making. Here are seven common leadership mistakes I see far too often:
- They act in an unauthentic way by hiding their fears with pretend behaviours
- They use coercive power to force people to follow
- They build low trust working groups
- They micro-manage the status quo
- They use "hero" behaviour by being reactive
- They feel good about themselves by "saving" people by telling and informing
- They line-manage in silos
Know anyone like this? These behaviours just don't work anymore. To transform leadership behaviour, you need to reassess your current leadership strategy.
Discover leadership secrets and learn the techniques and skills needed for creating high performing teams that reach success by signing up for our Leadership Athlete Masterclass. We'll show you how to awaken possibility in order to achieve extraordinary results in today's digital age.